Thursday, April 01, 2004

Technofear turns to joy

I mentioned before that I was having a stupidy-stupidy-stupid thing with my digital 8-track. Well, I ask you...

"Like its predecessors, the MRS-1266 is a hard disk recorder and a fully integrated digital workstation. Its input and output stages feature 24-bit A/D and D/A converters, while the recording section samples at 44.1kHz (with no compression). Songs can be stored on the 20GB hard drive, or burned to CD-R/RW using the optional CD-R/RW drive."

To which I retort “Well, fuck you, buddy.”

So here’s what I do:

- Walk into music room
- Open guitar case.
- Take out Fender Jazz Deluxe (bright blueburst, pearl scratchplate, bit gay)
- Switch on 500 watt bass rig.
- Plug lead into guitar and amp.
- Turn up gain on amplifier to 8.
- Turn master volume to 8.
- On guitar, turn volume, bass, treble, middle to maximum.
- Play bassline from "(I Don’t Want To Go To) Chelsea" by Elvis Costello.
- Dog explodes.
- Feel a whole lot better.

I’ll clear it up later.

No comments: